Celebrate Canada 150 Bike Ride

Celebrate Canada 150 Bike Ride

Day 28 - Rest Day in Thunder Bay

Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Today was a rest day and a day I've been waiting years for.  One of the top things on my 50 Things To Do Before I Die list is to see the Terry Fox monument in Thunder Bay.  And today was the day.....
Terry has been a great inspiration for the adventure we're on and it was very sobering to be here today to honour him along our journey.

THANK YOU TERRY FOR ALL YOU'VE DONE TO INSPIRE SO MANY PEOPLE.
 This is a photo I will always treasure.

DREAMS ARE MADE IF PEOPLE ONLY TRY.
I BELIEVE IN MIRACLES
I HAVE TO....
BECAUSE SOMEWHERE THE HURTING MUST STOP.
Terry Fox

The monument is located on top of a hill just off the Trans Canada Highway and only 12 km West of where he stopped.  It offers a beautiful view of Thunder Bay and Lake Superior.
We left the monument and drove downtown.  The waterfront offers many contrasts.  Here's an old grain storage facility that has been abandoned.
Not far away, there is a much newer facility in operation.
There was also Bobby Curtola Dr. for those that can remember that far back.  I thought he was from Ottawa, but I guess I'm thinking of Paul Anka.
That lead to a beautiful marina and a great place to eat, The Bight Restaurant & Bar.

 Cheers to a successful 3rd Leg!
It will take us another 2 weeks to cross Ontario to Ottawa!

This is one big assed Province!

No comments:

Post a Comment