Celebrate Canada 150 Bike Ride

Celebrate Canada 150 Bike Ride

Day 17 - Moose Jaw to Indian Head

Saturday, June 3, 2017

Weather
We have had super amazing weather so far in this trip, other than one day of headwinds (which was still a beautiful day).  Mother Nature has been very kind.  The last two evenings/nights we have had thunderstorms and even some hail, but by morning we have favourable winds and beautiful skies. 

MWPATBC
In the "Meeting Wonderful People Across This Beautiful Country"(MWPATBC) category, yesterday we met some great folks parked beside us, Lloyd and Bev Koziak from Calgary.   
We had some great conversation and they supplied us with lots of great information.  They are living the dream, splitting time between their home, 5th wheel (a beautiful rig), timeshare (they own in Canmore and have been all over the world with it) and cruising!   
Way to go Lloyd and Bev!
They have been married 26 years and got married on the 3rd of August, so every month on the 3rd since then, they always do something special.  And......today is the 3rd!! They have it all documented since they started.  Cool!

It's Flat!
So, okay, it's finally getting flat!!!   As we approached Regina, it looked like a mountain rising out of the plains!
Ritchie and Caroline got a good jump on us this morning and we rendezvoused 76 km later in Regina at Perkins Restaurant to meet up with Dwayne and Ev Pow (another of Lynn's late husband Jim's cousins). 
I had a great time getting to know them.  Awesome folks  and full of laughter, right down my alley  (they also fall into that MWPATBC category).  Hopefully, they will stop in to Brantford this July when they might be in the area. 
After a great brunch, Ritchie sped off and the three of us picked up supplies.  We couldn't catch up to him till we got to our destination tonight, Indian Head Campground. 
Indian Head Campground
He put up another amazing set of numbers today. 
Look at that top speed!!!😲
Stretching

Part of the daily routine for the Dynamic Duo, stretching about 20 minutes after their ride.  He has a "little" more flexibilty than me. 

Bugs
We have seen a lot of these guys the last few days.  
I believe they are tent catapillars and this is the damage they do.  
Ritchie has been splattering them all day long today.  
As I sit outside and type this, they keep crawling up my leg eeewwww!!!

Marshmallows!!!
Loving the camping (Glamping?) part!




Technology
One thing ALL campsites have in common, crappy WiFi!!  We have yet to run into one that has satisfactory wifi other than downloading a few emails.  Consequently, I have been using cell data.   I upgraded my plan to 12 Gig before I left.  I have had to add "5" - 2 gig packages at $25 a pop!!  This blog (and Lynn's Face Book☺️ ) is costing a fortune!  So at this moment I have used 21.38G and my new month starts tomorrow (sometime), so there has been no social networking today.  I have been trying to upload my photos for this blog on the campground WiFi for the last 4 hours!😡  
I am writing this in Notes on my iPhone and will transfer the verbiage to my Mac later. 
Blogger used to have an app for my iPhone but it isn't supported anymore!  Aarrgg!
Technology!   Sometimes it's great, other times........you should hear me and Ritchie when we're tired and trying to post something late at night...........then again, maybe you don't want to hear it.  
Maybe we need to go back to sending Post cards that arrive after you get home. 😏

Editor's Note:  I finally had to put my data back on to get the last photos to download!
21.82 G used!

No comments:

Post a Comment