Celebrate Canada 150 Bike Ride

Celebrate Canada 150 Bike Ride

Day 37 - Blind River to Sudbury

Friday, June 23, 2017

Ritchie and Caroline left a bit earlier today to try and beat some of the predicted rain.  They skipped breakfast in the trailer and instead rode into Blind River and had breakfast.  This is the view they had from their bedroom this morning.
I can't get enough of this beautiful country!
Our dynamic duo on the move.
Caroline rode to Webbwood.
Another awesome day for our heroine!!

Approaching Espanola we passed this awesome ad for Fred Eaglesmith who will be playing in Espanola.  I turned around  and went back to get this shot.  Probably gotta be a "FredHead" to fully understand.๐Ÿ˜
We left  Hwy #17 to go the 5 km into Espanola for supplies.  Neat rock structure entering the town.
 That is a spectacular dam!
Domtar Pulp and Paper.  Look at that pile of sawdust or wood chips.
 Ritchie put on the boosters to make our stretch goal of Sudbury.

We pulled into Carol's Campgrounds just after a thunderstorm had passed through.  See the trailer behind us?  
I struck up a conversation with the gentleman and found out he was originally from Brantford.  I called Lynn out to meet him and her eyes just about popped out of her head and she had a BIG smile!  She says "I know you, your Rod Botterill!!!!!  It turns out that she went out with this creep when she was 16!!!!๐Ÿ˜ฆ 
 I had to sit down and have my last Bud Light!
Rod brought out his wife of 41 years to meet us.  I could finally breath again!
Actually he was a great guy.  Would have liked to spend more time with him.  He and his wife Leslie taught school in Bancroft for many years.  She also taught in Stirling.
His son Mike Botterill was a linebacker for Montreal, Hamilton, Edmonton and Calgary for 9 years in the CFL.
One of my purchases in Espanola was a Double Pie Iron!  I've been regretting not bringing mine from home.  Now I have two!!
Nothing better than Pizza Pie Irons.  Lynn got all the fixings ready.
I stoked the fire and got a lot of hot ashes and inch went.
And minutes later.......Perfection!  Yowzah!!!๐Ÿ˜ƒ
A great way to end the evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment